State Higher Vocational School in Tarnow (SHVS) was called into being as the first state higher vocational school in Poland in May 1998.
- It is a higher education institution of a new type, educating students in nineteen 1st cycle and three 2nd cycle degree programmes.
- SHVS has one of the broadest educational offers compared to over 30 SHVSs in Poland.
- The internal Quality Assurance system has been very positively evaluated by the Polish Accreditation Committee.
- There are over 300 academic teachers employed, including around 100 professors and associate professors.
- The total number of students exceeds 4000 in any academic year.